John Harold Lohmann – 1929-2002 ** Order of service on 16 Jan.
Created; 2006, Changed; 29/07/2022, 08/03/2020
ORDER OF SERVICE AT THE CHAPEL
* Music as we enter: “On hearing the First Cuckoo in spring” Delius – CD track 7.
* Coffin enters.
* Julia – Welcome etc. and invite Andrew to speak.
* Andrew to speak & introduce Sam (Sam Quenell – dad’s friend since 1937).
* Music by Fats Waller. – tape side A.
* Sam to speak.
* Music “Bloody Good Jazz” – tape side A.
* Julia to invite others to speak. – possibly: Maurice Birchmore (Singapore) & Val Catt (30 seconds).
* Simon Edwards to read “Remember” by Christina Georgina Rossetti.
* Julia to suggest a quiet moment.
* Teresa to sing from the back of the chapel – “O for the wings of a dove”
* Avril to Talk + invite people to tea after. (possibly could be done at the grave if time is short).
* Music while we leave is “Singing in the Rain” – start of tape side B.
AT THE GRAVE SIDE.
* Julia to open.
* Avril to read “do not stand at my grave and weep” – (this could be in the chapel).
* Julia to read chosen reading.
* Julia to finish and possibly remind people about tea.
TEA AFTER THE BURIAL.
Will be at the “St. Mary’s in the Castle” (castle in the rocks) sea front Hastings nearly opposite the sea front car park. For Tea in one of dad’s favourite places, we will have cards, letters and some photographs.
Andrew H Lohmann, file: dad3last.doc, 15-01-02